[LAU] 2.6.29.1 RT Kernel is wonderful!

Scott lau at troutpocket.org
Sat May 2 19:19:19 EDT 2009

I used to put up with an occasional xrun with the older kernels.  But I'm writing to
report that I just installed 2.6.29.1-RT4 from CCRMA on Fedora 10 and I didn't see a
single xrun.  In case anyone is interested, I record 12 simultaneous mic'd inputs from
an Echo AudioFire12 to a Dell XPS laptop:

    Dell XPS M1210 laptop
	1GB RAM
	Intel T5600 1.8GHz Core2Duo
	Intel 945GM Video controller
	Sigmatel 9220 internal audio controller
	Internal Ricoh Co Ltd R5C832 IEEE 1394 Controller
	http://tinyurl.com/clr43l

    Echo Audio Audiofire12
	http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/FireWire/AudioFire12/index.php

Thanks to the kernel team for making such an awesome product!

-Scott