[LAU] Newer USB audio interfaces

Clemens Ladisch cladisch at fastmail.net
Wed May 6 10:15:33 EDT 2009

Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> > Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> > > "ALSA usb-audio drivers are the defacto standard for proving usb
> > > specifications compliance.
> >
> > So you are volunteering to write the code?  ;-)
>
> Credit where credit is due. I am currently under the impression that you
> have already made substantial headway in this matter over the past
> several years.

Most of my changes are for devices that deviate slightly from the
specification.  There are other devices that have more fundamental
changes in their design, such as, e.g., M-Audio devices where multiple
streams have to be configured together, or the UA-101 where the driver
has to derive the playback sample clock from the recording stream; and
I have not added support for those features.

As it happens, Roland and M-Audio sat on the committee and put exactly
those features into the 2.0 specification.

Best regards,
Clemens