[LAU] dualcore and audio software

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Sun May 3 19:44:55 EDT 2009

Ken Restivo wrote:

> IIRC, it was called "irqbalance". I had to disable it.

Was that a kernel config option?

Or are you perhaps talking about this:

root at vestbjerg:~# apt-get remove irqbalance
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package irqbalance is not installed, so not removed

If that's what you mean, would that be a problem since it's not installed?

> Also remember to turn off cpufreq, by either unloading the cpufreq
> modules, or setting them manually, i.e. "sudo cpufreq-set -g
> userspace; sudo cpufreq-set -f xxxxx" (set it to the max clock of
> your CPUs).

I believe that shouldn't be a problem if I have set
System->Preferences->Power Management->On AC Power->Computer speed
policy to "Always maximum speed", right? At least (when on AC power) my
cpufreq applet always shows "2.00 GHz", which is the maximum speed of my
cpu...

--
Atte

http://atte.dk    http://modlys.dk