[LAU] USB Interface/Mixer

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Mon May 4 12:59:21 EDT 2009

Here's my setup which needs improving :)

1. Playing midi files in a laptop and routing the audio to a mixer, then
to PA
2. Have 2 mics plugged into the mixer.

I'm thinking that using a USB audio device will make the audio (much?)
better ... but I really need to haul yes-another-piece-of-gear around
like I need more free gigs.

So, is there a usb device which will let me connect to the laptop for
the midi output, let me plug in a couple of mics and route the entire
mix to a PA? Or PCMCIA?

I'm not interested in spending a small fortune on all this. I've got
decent enough gear here in the office/studio and if I get a paying gig I
don't mind hauling. But, when we go to a seniors home or farmers market
for an hour or so, the motivation lags.

Thanks.

--
  **** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****