[LAU] dualcore and audio software

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Tue May 5 01:28:23 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Tuesday 05 May 2009 05:07:09 Ken Restivo wrote:
> I don't know what GUI you're using, and I don't use one myself, so I can't
> answer that with any certainty. But if you run cpufreq-info, it should tell
> you which governor you're using. If it's "userspace", and the CPU frequency
> is at maximum, then you should be fine.

With the userspace-governour you shouldn't have any of the userspace daemons
running otherwise the frequency will change.

> "Performance" is *not* the same
> thing, IIRC. The "performance" governor will still change your frequency
> and might cause glitches.

Nope, the performance-governour sets the cpu-freq to its max and stays there.
No changing apart from the first set-to-max when you load it and the frequency
wasn't at its max before.
No glitches.
The same goes for the powersave, only the frequency is set to minimum there.

Only governours to change the frequency are conservative, ondemand and
(surprise) userspace.

Have fun,

Arnold