[LAU] state of multimedia

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue May 5 07:58:05 EDT 2009

drew Roberts wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 May 2009 03:06:54 Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
>> What I am sorely missing is a video time stretch function as the final
>> edit is still badly out of sync. At least now it starts in sync but the
>> drift sets in after about 5 seconds.
>>

> I think I read something once about using ardour to do this job. Also, did you
> try blender for the whole job?

I have blender but it is not intuitive to me how it can be used for
processing a track.

Afaict it does not have support for playing/importing mpg/avi/mov files.

It seems to me that it is not a video file editor, the equivalent of
trying to edit a wave file in a midi sequencer.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.