[LAU] state of multimedia

Eric Steinberg eric.steinberg at gmail.com
Tue May 5 13:16:50 EDT 2009

Blender is not intuitive, nor is it a video file editor, but it is the best
tool on linux for manipulating video, and it does support import of
mpeg/avi/mov.  Most jobs that you can do with a cuts-only editor can be done
in the sequencing window of Blender.  You probably won't find a time-stretch
tool for video, as video is frame-based (there is an "add to clip" feature
in Quicktime Pro on Mac OS that will do the job, but nothing similar on
linux).  I've had the most success, other than Blender, with Kdenlive,
although only on 32-bit...
The very best cheap (twenny bucks, yo) tool for this operation is Quicktime
Pro.  Has anyone run the Windows version of Quicktime Pro under WINE?
 Fixing sync issues is literally a two or three step operation:

1. trim audio
2. trim video
3. add to clip
Done!