[LAU] pulse config

Burkhard Ritter burkhard at linuxaudio.org
Tue May 5 10:09:37 EDT 2009

TheOther wrote:
>> Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Am I missing something?
>>>
>>> Why doesn't pulse audio have a simple config gui for choosing the
>>> default sound server and card order?
[...]
> However that didn't help me when running various applications because
> in those applications, PulseAudio would go with the first sound
> chip/card in the PulseAudio chip/card order; and I was never able to
> find a way to change that order.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but you can move audio
streams (from different applications) between your cards and pulse audio
usualy remembers your decision. This is again in a context menu, I think
this time when you right click on the stream in the volume application.
Pulseaudio also acts sensibly when I remove my usb sound card - it plays
everything on the build in sound card.

Burkhard