[LAU] state of multimedia

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Wed May 6 07:04:31 EDT 2009

James Cameron wrote:
> On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 12:06:43PM +0200, Raffaele Morelli wrote:
>
>> I would say that the best tool on linux for manipulating video is
>> cinelerra, blender is a 3D modeler.
>>

> Blender has been significantly improved for all tasks involved with 3D
> modelling, including animation, which is why it now has great video
> capability.  If you've not recently tried it, have a another go.

I'm looking at blender again and it appears that the reason it won't
load a movie for me is because the Fedora 10 version was compiled
without ffmpeg support.

WTF?

mplayer without jack support and blender without ffmpeg support.

I hope they fixed both in Fedora 11. Do all the distros have this policy?

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.