[LAU] [OT] Help with mixing and mastering?

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Fri May 8 13:02:44 EDT 2009

On Fri, 8 May 2009 17:06:52 +0100
James Stone <jamesmstone at gmail.com> wrote:
> any recommendations about where I can look to learn how to
> record, mix and master a standard 4 piece rock band?

The Musician's Guide to Home Recording has been an invaluable book to me.
http://www.amazon.com/Musicians-Guide-Home-Recording/dp/0825613787

While it's full of great tips to recording instruments and how to process
them after they've been recorded, there's also no substitute for getting
in there and figuring out what makes things sound worse and what makes them
sound better.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com