[LAU] OT: Sound system for small club/bar?

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Fri May 8 18:52:53 EDT 2009

On Fri, 8 May 2009 15:26:41 -0700
Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org> wrote:
> I'm thinking of recommending they buy a pair of these, and mounting them where the existing speakers are:
> http://www.guitarcenter.com/JBL-EON315-15--280-Watt-Powered-PA-Speaker-105171854-i1430399.gc
>
> Do you think that's the right call for this room?

I have always had good luck with the JBL Eon series of speakers.  You
didn't mention how powerful the Crown is, but I have a feeling the JBLs
will do a good job.  Plus, since they're powered speakers, you could still
use the Bag Ends with the Crown for even more "oomph" when required, since
you won't need the crown to power the JBLs.

Make sure the place you get them will let you return or exchange them
if they're not quite what you're looking for.  GC is usually good about
that, and I'd imagine anywhere else would be happy to work with you.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com