[LAU] jackdmp and libjack.la (was: Jackbeat 0.7)

Olivier Guilyardi ml at xung.org
Mon May 11 08:43:23 EDT 2009

Dave Phillips wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-05-10 at 22:45 +0200, Olivier Guilyardi wrote:
>
>> Okay, this problem should be solved in SVN.
>>
> And so it is, thank you. :)

Glad to read that :) Thanks for your feedback.

>> To a certain extent one might consider the problem comes from the jackdmp waf
>> build system, which doesn't provide libtool .la files, while all packaged
>> libraries do provide these files.

[...]

> I've run into the same problem when trying to build the latest MusE 1.0
> rc2. It gets to the link stage and fails because of missing libjack.la.
> If anyone from the MusE development group reads this perhaps they too
> can reconsider their use of libtool.

Well, every single autoconf/automake-based software which builds a shared
library for internal or external use, normally uses libtool. Thus, I think that
the fact that jackdmp doesn't provide libjack.la is a bug.

I'm CC'ing Stéphane Letz. Although I don't know how to do it, I suppose that you
can make .la files with waf, since it claim(ed) to support libtool emulation.

--
  Olivier