[LAU] Fons could you make us an Hammond ;)

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Wed May 13 18:08:41 EDT 2009

philicorda wrote:

> A good read!
>
> Some will see this as heresy, but I think that most of the Hammond sound
> comes from the Leslie speaker. The sound just from the console speaker
> on my L100 is almost a different instrument.

reminds me of one of those really embarassing situations: on my sister's
wedding day, i walk up to the band where a distant friend is playing a
nord stage (or something, the one with the drawbars), and he has this
mean jazzy tone. i go, man this is awesome, as good as a real leslie. he
is, ugh? whaddayoumean? i says, the lez tone, absolutely life-like,
doppler and inertia and grind noise and all.

at which point he pointed to the "table" i was resting my carcass on
(somebody had seen fit to drape a table cloth over it) and went, "now
who are we kidding here?"
i made up for this blunder by helping him carry the vintage leslie into
his car :)