[LAU] Fons could you make us an Hammond ;)

philicorda philicorda at ntlworld.com
Wed May 13 18:00:17 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 00:53 +0200, Nick Copeland wrote:
<snip>

> I am sure there are loads of people who could add to this list and
> expand upon its content - none of this is 'definitive' fact. Beatrix
> implements most of these features, the percussive routing, crosstalks,
> tapering, waveform distorts, leakages, etc. Keyclick last time I
> looked was based on a single contact but had multiple signal options
> and the reverb was a pretty nice but clean multiple chained delay
> lines. To be honest I thought beatrix had been 'sold' to an italian
> company making 'Hammond Sound' keyboards which was largely why it is
> no longer maintained publicly, its maintained privately - what I want
> to say is that is not an orphaned app by any means, its one of the
> more successful ones perhaps.

A good read!

Some will see this as heresy, but I think that most of the Hammond sound
comes from the Leslie speaker. The sound just from the console speaker
on my L100 is almost a different instrument.

With the right patch on a DX7 through a real Leslie you can get a pretty
authentic Hammond sound.