[LAU] Fons could you make us an Hammond ;)

Matt Henley nwmatt at gmail.com
Tue May 19 17:23:45 EDT 2009

> I have a vague memory of it not being open source from something I read in
> this recent go around. What makes you think it is open source? What license
> is it using?

I just downloaded it.. It includes C source code.  The license does
not seem to allow any redistribution:

YOU MAY FREELY DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL A COPY OF THE SOFTWARE FOR YOUR
PERSONAL USE. YOU MAY NOT BUNDLE, RENAME, SELL, REDISTRIBUTE,
REPACKAGE OR IN ANY OTHER WAY ALTER WHOLE OR PART OF THE SOFTWARE AND
ITS DISTRIBUTION WITHOUT PRIOR, EXPRESS AND WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM
THE AUTHOR.

Here is his rational:
The purpose of this rather restrictive license is simple: I do not
want multiple versions splitting off with my name in them when the
program is still under development. If you feel that you would like to
make a serious contribution to the project, please contact me.