[LAU] usb soundcard with 6 outs

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri May 15 13:23:00 EDT 2009

Hallo,
Paul Davis hat gesagt: // Paul Davis wrote:

> On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
> >
> > Any recommendations on a 6-channel USB soundcard that also possibly has a
> > preamp mic input or two on it? E.g. http://www.esi-audio.com/products/u46xl/
> > (but not sure if it is support by ALSA).
>
> USB1/audio can't support that many channels.

6 channel out are fine, though, it's pretty standard on many USB cards like the Terratec Phase 26, too.

But 4 in + 6 out as the ESI card offers shouldn't work - but funnily it did
when I could test that card borrowing it from a friend for a while! I don't
know why it workd and if it translates to machines different from mine - but it
definitely did.

Ciao
--
Frank