[LAU] horgand, gmorgan and stygmorgan

Crypto crptdngl71 at gmx.net
Sat May 16 08:51:22 EDT 2009

Hi,
further to the discussion about MIDI apps:

I wrote to the author of horgand and gmorgan the other day (well, it's been a
while really that I did that) to ask him about the MIDI capabilities of these
applications.

He replied that he considers only stygmorgan as up-to-date project and his
other stuff is somewhat outdated.

stygmorgan is similar to horgand and gm in that it can play things via MIDI
and has got chord recognition and a sequencer as well, but it does not have
built-in support for FM creation of audio. Instead, it uses external devices
(like fluidsynth) for producing sound.

To me it seems that it could be well suited for what I need, but the manual is
in Spanish which I cannot understand ;-)

The author himself did not want to translate the manual into English (he said
that it was because he could not write in English well enough), but seemed to
welcome people who could do that for him. Maybe this is something that could
be done by someone on this list?

As with Beatrix it is not clear if horgand, gmorgan and stygmorgan are under
development at all...

horgand, gmorgan, stygmorgan can be found here:
http://holap.berlios.de/soft.html

Regards,
Crypto.