[LAU] [PlanetCCRMA] Mixer Wowes

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Sat May 16 09:28:38 EDT 2009

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 08:59:27AM -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:

> Btw, 'killall pulseaudio' doesn't work. The server is set up for
> persistence, so the daemon simply relaunches itself, staying in the way
> of a successful JACK start.

Whenever I find such a persistent daemon that I don't
need and don't want, I feel a strong urge to do something
very persistent to those who write or integrate these
things. And it's getting worse with each new release.

Anyone knows how to get rid of that ~/.gvfs thing
and its associated daemons ? Permanently ? I don't
run Gnome so I don't want it any more than I want
DesktopDirs, console session managers and other
hideous things that slowly but surely are turning
Linux into something that is even worse than Windows.

According to my book the .gvfs thing is malware, as
it even prevents root from cleaning up the mess.

Ciao,

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.