[LAU] [LAD] [Jack-Devel] jackd/jackdbus : D-Bus or not D-Bus...

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Tue May 19 16:59:48 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 19 May 2009 15:02:59 Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> drew Roberts wrote:
> >>
> >> Programs that do that kind of things have a name
> >> here: malware. I'm the boss on my system, and I
> >> will decide what goes into $PATH. Just as I decide
> >> which filesystems get mounted and where, and how
> >> permissions are set.
> >
> > Fons, I think some people have misunderstood some things you have said in
> > this thread. In this case I think you misunderstood Patrick. (Or I did -
> > not a bad possibility.)
> >
> > I think what he was saying was that jackdbus would check for jackd in
> > $PATH and complain bitterly / refuse to sintall / whatever. Not that it
> > would try and control what $PATH was set to. Or perhaps you got that and
> > I misunderstood your objection.
>
> Hi Drew,
>
> If you are referring to me, then I would like to remove myself from the
> dbus issue.

Hey Patrick,

I don't think I was referring to you.

"> Krzysztof Foltman wrote:"

I think I was referring to what I thought was Fons misunderstanding what
Krzysztof wrote. Of if you were referring to me thinking some people had
misunderstood some of what Fons had written earlier, I don't remember the
details, I just remember thinking when I was reading that some of the heat
that seemed to be being generated seemed to be coming from possible
misunderstandings or quick scanning of posts.

> I am currently concerned about PA usage for non technical
> users and/or "Ralf Maldorf's" attitude towards Linux Audio as a platform.
>

> Cheers.
>
> --
> Patrick Shirkey
> Boost Hardware Ltd.