[LAU] Denemo 0.8.4 release - Music Notation Editor

Nils Gey list at nilsgey.de
Tue May 19 18:55:20 EDT 2009

Sorry for the crossposting, but the statistics show that only some people have subscribed to all three lists.

The Denemo project has released a new version of its music notation program. Denemo 0.8.4, which is available for Windows, Linux and MacOS (via third-party builds) as source and binaries. The software is distributed under the GPL.

Some of the new features are improvements for scripting support and user-created commands and improved MIDI-output.
Official support, beneath our website, is avaible via our IRC channel #denemo on irc.freenode.net.

Denemos notation-functionality is ready for daily and professional use.

For future improvements our team searches for additional developers. If you are interested in notation and midi-sequencing please join the team!

Website: http://www.denemo.org

Additional information:

GNU Denemo is a free, GPL, open source music notation editor for Linux, MacOS and Windows that lets you rapidly enter notation for typesetting via the LilyPond music engraver. You can compose, transcribe, arrange, listen to the music and much more. Music can be typed in at the PC-Keyboard, or played in via MIDI controller, or input acoustically into a microphone plugged into your computer's soundcard.