[LAU] seq_setup: a pragmatic approach to session handling

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Wed May 20 06:10:47 EDT 2009

Hi

While I'm waiting for LASH, I just redid and cleaned up my seq_setup
script, if anyone wants to take a look, it's here:

http://atte.dk/seq_setup/

The basic idea is that I place all files regarding a certain song/track
in one directory. When I want to work on the song I cd to the directory
and calls "seq_setup" (which is placed in ~/bin). It tried to be clever
about which apps should be started first, for instance I use ardour as a
mixer, with all synths connected to a bus in ardour, which means that
ardour should not start before noise generating apps are loaded.

I'm not really starting a new linux audio software project here, and
admittedly seq_setup ATM only supports the apps I use, more will follow
as I start using more apps in my music.

But I'd be interested in hearing any thoughts on my approach, how others
are handling the same problem. And of course if anyone finds it useful,
they're free to use it.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk   http://virb.com/atte