[LAU] Hard lock-ups plus MOTU UltrLite Mk3

Darren Landrum darren.landrum at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 23 21:50:45 EDT 2009

Well, I decided to run memtest86, and it locked up during the test. I
can only conclude that I have a major hardware issue, and it's getting
worse. At this point, my best guess is the motherboard.

For the time being, I'm stuck on my little netbook (MSI Wind) until I
can find the money to build out a new system. Oh well, it works. It's
not Linux, though.

I've stopped caring about the Linux/Windows/Mac debate for now. Macs are
four time more expensive than they should be, Windows has a bad habit
these days of assuming I don't have the rights to use my own digital
media files, and Linux is full of half-finished applications that don't
work very well together. Conclusion: they all suck, just in different ways.

What's a broke lone-wolf musician to do?

-- Darren