[LAU] ubuntu realtime.

Marcel Marti marcel.marti at gmail.com
Thu May 28 18:08:27 EDT 2009

If you want to do music with Linux just try a focused audio distro like
Musix, Jacklab, Studio64, and so on. (I've just tried Musix so I can only
recommend this one). But if you like to spend hours tweaking the system and
trying to get a stable and reliable platform for your audio production (as I
used to do) just try Ubuntu Studio. It's up to you.

I really love Linux and free software philosophy, and I've learned a lot by
reading manuals, books and being helped by the comunity. But I also have
learned that if you want to do music you have to know the right moment to
stop with the tweaking spiral and start doing what you like most which is
music.

Asmo, to be able to reach latencies of 3ms does not mean that I always work
at 3ms. It was just an example, just as yours with the 4ms jack-settings. I
usually work with 11ms just to assure the work I'm doing.

And please, let's help people instead of boasting. ;-)

Good luck!