[LAU] an interesting free album

Grammostola Rosea rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Sat May 30 08:47:29 EDT 2009

Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Hi
>
> May I draw everybodys attention to Hunz' great pop album "Thoughts that
> move"? Although it's not directly related to linux audio, I feel there
> are enough reasons to mention it here:
>
> 1) It's a great album, great songs, great production, great vocals.

You can record in Renoise? Vocals, like in a DAW?

> 5) Since renoise is one of the few commercially available music
> applications for linux, it part of the ongoing and interesting (and
> important) discussion: "do we need/want/want to pay for" commercial
> software under linux.
I think it is nice if an company also makes it possible for Linux users
to use that app. It also could attract more people to the Linux platform
to use for music production.

On the other hand. It's closed source and certainly not GPL...
And if everyone starts using Renoise as a tracker, it could threaten the
development of GPL trackers maybe...

Whenever possible I choose for GPL software. But then it's has to be in
a reasonable state and I don't mind spending a little more in learning
or tweaking the app... If it's crap, sorry I choose the tool who fits my
needs best.

I suggest everyone to spend at least 10% of the amount of money you
spend for such a proprietary tool to  a FLOSS audio software project ;)

\r