[LAU] an interesting free album

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Sat May 30 11:56:58 EDT 2009

Grammostola Rosea wrote:

> You can record in Renoise? Vocals, like in a DAW?

Yes. It works a bit differently than ardour, but you might have expected
that, it a tracker alright. I specifically asked him and he *did* record
all vocals in renoise...

> On the other hand. It's closed source and certainly not GPL...
> And if everyone starts using Renoise as a tracker, it could threaten the
> development of GPL trackers maybe...

I think renoise is in a different league, than at least what I saw out
there. So apples/bananas here...

> Whenever possible I choose for GPL software. But then it's has to be in
> a reasonable state and I don't mind spending a little more in learning
> or tweaking the app... If it's crap, sorry I choose the tool who fits my
> needs best.

Same here.

> I suggest everyone to spend at least 10% of the amount of money you
> spend for such a proprietary tool to  a FLOSS audio software project ;)

Agree. Personally I've spend more on FLOSS than proprietary software the
last years...

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk   http://virb.com/atte