[LAU] Building a DAW

Ricus Vincente wizardofgosz at gmail.com
Sat May 30 16:21:10 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-30 at 13:14 -0700, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:

 This is one of those coke/pepsi hornets-nest questions.

 I guess it depends upon how much I like the automation in Ardour.

 Plus your question has two levels.  The convenience of the automation
in the DAW, vs. the automation in the console, and the different
question of preferring the way mixing in the box sounds over mixing
through analog gear.

 There's no question in my mind that I always want my audio passing
through analog gear on the way out (I'm taking about good analog gear
here, not crap).

 Keeping the faders on my console at unity and making automation moves
with the DAW is something that is amenable to me.

 Best,
 Rich...