[LAU] Building a DAW

Ricus Vincente wizardofgosz at gmail.com
Sun May 31 17:49:47 EDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-05-31 at 23:14 +0200, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> >  I assume that Ardour can lock up with SMPTE if I stripe a track onto
> > the analog deck?
>
> Don't think so. Not if it means adjusting its speed
> to an external SMPTE signal. This is difficult in the
> digital world - it means either resampling or adjusting
> the sample clock. But you could put an SMPTE track in
> the Ardour session and make the analog machine sync to
> it.

 Oh bummer... I've locked a variety of MDMs to analog decks before using
SMPTE.

 Getting the 2-inch machine to lock up to Ardour is definitely possible,
but it would take getting a piece of hardware like a Timeline Lynx.

 Trying to keep costs down since we're not getting as much work as we
used to in this economy.

 What about the Ardour punch-in question?  Shouldn't that be a
high-priority bug fix?   :-)

 Rich...