[LAU] Building a DAW

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Sun May 31 17:14:04 EDT 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 04:54:03PM -0400, Ricus Vincente wrote:

>  I assume that Ardour can lock up with SMPTE if I stripe a track onto
> the analog deck?

Don't think so. Not if it means adjusting its speed
to an external SMPTE signal. This is difficult in the
digital world - it means either resampling or adjusting
the sample clock. But you could put an SMPTE track in
the Ardour session and make the analog machine sync to
it.

Ciao,

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.