[LAU] Posting style (was: Re: Autotuner for Linux?)

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Nov 12 05:04:38 EST 2009

Hi,

On Thursday 12 November 2009 09:47:59 Jorge Salgueiro wrote:
> Top post is a question of accesibility to the blind. They shouldn't have to
> listen to 30 posts every time they want to contribute.
> So if you don't what no linux Stevie wonder to post in this list is your
> decision. But I don't agree with it.

But today's mail-clients are capable of detecting citations (by that nice >-
quotation markers in front of the line) and can fold these parts or format to
a smaller font-size. Why can't (screen-)readers detect and skip them?

I concur that is is a hassle if 30-mails are quoted. But the normal and
generally accepted behaviour is to answer below and only quote the relevant
parts[*]. And to use quotation-markers. Nothing worse then an outlook-user
answering directly inside your text without quotation-markers...

But if its better accessible for you, we can all switch to text above, full-
quote below and html :-)

Have fun,

Arnold

[*] Of course this implies that you have actually read at least the parts you
quote...