[LAU] Damn Ubuntu 9.10 update

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Nov 12 14:54:56 EST 2009

On Thursday 12 November 2009 20:14:35 Marco Castorina wrote:
> Dear all,
>  today I made the biggest mistake of my life I think, I upgraded from
>  ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10. Everything is working almost fine, but the audio is
>  gone.
> marco at marco-x41:~$ lspci | grep audio
> 00:1e.2 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation
>  82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 03)
> Any ideas?

I would like to live your life! Loosing software access to a simple ich6 sound
as the biggest mistake in life sounds pretty cool to me...

Maybe you had something configured with switching cards, maybe you have a
.asoundrc that redefines some things.
If the module is loaded and alsa even shows you that card, all that is wrong
has to be somewhere in user-space...

Have fun,

Arnold