[LAU] OT: online music promition/what do you think of bandcamp?

Rob lau at kudla.org
Mon Nov 16 10:18:33 EST 2009

On Monday 16 November 2009 02:31 am, Lorenzo wrote:
> And of course now there's upcoming HTML 5
> (http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html and demos:
> http://htmlfive.appspot.com/) which is already supported on firefox 3.5
> and seems promising (yet if no hosting site will support it it'll
> probably prove rather unsuccessful).

A few of the online video sites have implemented it already, but at least
on my old laptop, it's even more CPU-intensive than Flash for video.  For
audio (oggs) it seems fine, though.

I haven't really gone any further than the social networking sites and a
directory full of mp3s to share my music, but Facebook's little embedded
flash music player seems to work fine.  When my friends play something I
put up, it just buffers and plays the song from whatever url I put in.  I
have the Flashblock extension turned on in Firefox, so I only see the Flash
applets I know I want to see.

Rob