[LAU] Google wave

Bengt Gördén bengan at bag.org
Wed Nov 18 04:36:15 EST 2009

Hi,

Anyone using it? It's in its infant state but there might be some light there.
Today I found a gadget/robot[1] that actually lets you collaborate by writing
music score. Sort of useful. Definitely not for advanced users of music
notation. Not yet anyway. But when your sitting down together and trying to
communicate a riff or similar it might be handy. I actually tried to use a bit
advanced GUIDO in it. My browser still, 20min later tries to render the
notation :-)

Another thought. There's also the name space question. If Google Wave gets big
and people start using it the name space will be cluttered with people
stealing/borrowing names for waves. It might be appropriate applications like
Ardour to actually register that name as gadget/bot/account.

I searched for a couple of tags that I thought would fit for linux audio
usage. At least my use. Here's the result:

tag: hits
---------------
alsa: 6
pulseaudio: 7