[LAU] pd-pure

Bjoern Lindig bjoern.lindig at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 19 19:44:53 EST 2009

Hi,

when I saw the video of Albert Graefe on this years LAC, I was very impressed
by the opportunities shipped in by pure to extend pd. I took me quite a while
until I finaly checked it out and installed it. So here I am. Unfortunately
some of the examples in pure-help.pd and from the lac-tarball do not work
here. This is
mydelay: there is no answer at all, no matter how long I would wait. But when
I made myowndelay according to the README it works, exept that I'm not able to
stop it:

bj at gustav:~/pdwork/pure$ more myowndelay.pure
nullary stop;
myowndelay _ (alarm msg) = msg;
myowndelay _ stop = pd_delay inf ();
myowndelay t msg = pd_delay t (alarm msg) otherwise;

The other one, that I would realy like to test is wavefile.pure. I have the
patch in pd as it is in the tarball, but the soundfile would not play.
Unfortunately I don't even know where to look for errors or how I can do
further investigations. I know I should digg into pure, but I hope that I can
do that inside pd.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Bjoern

Here some words on my system:
archlinux x86_64
gcc version 4.4.2 (GCC)
Pd version 0.42.5-extended
Pure 0.35 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) Compiled for LLVM 2.5