[LAU] USB audio interface support?

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Thu Nov 26 07:10:12 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 07:29:53PM +0800, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:

> Ah, so talking about boasting about it, Presonus has an Audiobox USB
> unit which boasts (to quote their website) "preamps that out perform any
> USB-based interface hands down." None of the other manufacturers, as far
> as I could see, even mentioned pre-amps except to say "yes, we have
> them".
> Is this just hubris? Does Presonus really have a good name for quality
> pre-amps at 'all budget levels'? Should I be worried that this device
> doesn't seem mentioned in the alsa wiki at all?

At least they quote an EIN figure: -115 dBu, which is
-117.2 dBV. Not really much to boast about, but providing
an honest figure gives them bonus points.

Compare this to

  Aphex 1788A   -125 dBu
  RME Micstasy  -127 dBu
  Midas XL42    -129 dBu

Of course you pay for those...

Ciao,

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.