[LAU] Club/House Tune made in Linux

Will Light visinin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 04:54:44 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 3:48 AM, Atte André Jensen
<atte.jensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> How did you go about that? Wire the output renoise into a bus in ardour,
> and the output of ardour into jamin?

The vocal tweaking was done separately from the final render.  Brought
the files in, did a little bit of time correction, and then recorded
into one of the Renoise input busses.
When I did the final render, I exported the whole track in Renoise and
then just brought the .wav into Ardour.  Didn't want to have to deal
with more trouble than I needed to.

Jamin was set up as an insert on the Ardour master channel so I could
just export it with Ardour and have it all process through Jamin on
the render.

> Sounds good. I feel the bassdrum is too loud (2 db or so), would that
> kill the track on a club system?

It's entirely possible.  It sounds alright to my ears and on the
systems I've played it on, but I could very well have mixed that in
too loud.  Thanks for the feedback, I'll go back and have a closer
listen.

It's good to see you around these parts, Atte!  You may remember me
from the cSound/blue camp as filterchild.
-w