[LAU] some live tracks - need some advice

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sat Oct 3 08:58:07 EDT 2009

Michal Seta wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:
>

>> Blues gigs aren't exactly money-makers here in NW OH USA. :-/
>>

> I just came back from a road trip.  We have driven over 12000km across
> the USA and Canada (Mtl - San Fran - Vancouver - Mtl) and I would
> guess, after having overdosed on the commercial/local radios, what
> sells must be country music?  I think 90% of it was country.  On some
> parts (SD and NV comes to mind) was either country or static.

I think sales are probably something like 50-50, split between
not-so-country country and execrable rap. I'm an Eminem and Dre fan
myself, Lil Wayne and his ilk can drown for all I care, though I must
admit that he certainly knows his audience. :-/

> Great tracks BTW.  It must be fun to experience your trio live.
> Although my current music activities do not reflect that, I grew up
> playing the blues and listening to this kind of stuff brings fond
> memories.

Thanks for the kind remarks, Michal. Considering what you're into now I
think it would be wonderful to hear how you'd treat a blues these days. :)

Best,

dp