[LAU] setting up a Behringer BCF2000 for use with ardour

uhoh uhoh at cox.net
Mon Oct 19 15:24:15 EDT 2009

On Monday 19 October 2009 10:40:57 am David Adler wrote:
> > under the ALSA tab i have the following out ports (in addition to my
> > sound card): MIDI 1 & 2 under the BCF2000 and control, mcu, & seq under
> > ardour. the in ports are the same for ardour, but i have MIDI 1, 2, & 3
> > for the BCF2000. which outs connect to which ins?
>
> AFAIK there is no disadvantage if the connections are done
> in the Alsa tab, since both, the BCF and Ardour, don't use
> Jack-Midi anyhow. The Midi tab shown in the Manual is
> presumably the same as the Alsa tab today, the picture is
> rather outdated.

i'm using the ALSA tab with the default connections

> In Ardour I had to check 'Generic MIDI' (options menu ->
> control surfaces -> ...) before I could successfully
> ctrl-middle-click the faders to assign them. Probably also
> check 'feedback' for driving the motor faders.

yep, that did it. i got the faders and the panning knobs to work. i'm pretty
sure i know what to do now to get the rest going. thanks!

the other thing was to make sure MTC, MMC, and MIDI param control radio
buttons were set to the control port in preferences->MIDI. the ardour manual
seems to imply using the seq port, which didn't work. i'm not sure if all
need to be set to the control port, but at least one of them does. (the setup
that works is the default for new projects on version 2.8)