[LAU] LinuxSampler woes

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Tue Oct 20 19:27:54 EDT 2009

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:

> strong effort at JSampler, then try to compile LS+QS from source.  I am
> strongly thinking that the problem has something to do with the fact
> that AVLinux is based on Debian Testing, whereas the LS debs are from
> Lenny (Stable), which is in some ways quite legacy.

Sounds reasonable that this is the problem.  Compiling from source sounds
like a good option.  If AVLinux is debian based, you should be able to:

    # apt-get install build-essentials libgig-dev

To get what you need... then:

    $ tar xjf linuxsampler-1.0.0.tar.bz2
    $ cd linuxsampler-1.0.0
    $ fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage

When done, you will have a .deb file to install.

HTH,
Gabriel