[LAU] introducing l2ork

Guru Prasad B. R. prasadbrg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 23:18:32 EDT 2009

Robin wrote:
> 2009/10/23  <hollunder at gmx.at>:
>
>> On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 14:52:26 -0400
>> "Ivica Ico Bukvic" <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
>>

>>> Greetings all,
>>>
>>> I wanted to share with you my latest Linux-based and
>>> Linuxaudio.org-related project that has been sucking up most of my
>>> time over the past year or so to the point it seemed as if I have
>>> disappeared off the face of the Earth. Needless to mention it
>>> continues to alter my sleeping/eating patterns with unprecedented
>>> aptitude and with no end in sight ;-).
>>>
>>> http://l2ork.music.vt.edu/
>>>
>> It would be real nice if you could say in a few sentences what it is.
>> The about page on the website reads more like a personal history than
>> anything else, and I haven't found anything that tells me what l2ork or
>> disis is.
>>
>> Philipp
>>

> http://disis.music.vt.edu/main/index.html has some info.

I'm sorry, Ico,  but I'd have to agree with Philipp on this. After
spending quite some time going through the links that you've sent us,
I'm still clueless about what L2Ork is.
Here's the problem: The videos are essentially about speakers, which are
hardware, but 1 of the 'L's in L2Ork stands for Linux, which is an OS.
What I'm interested in (and I assume others on this list, too) is, what
applications are used to generate the instrument sounds in Linux? Are
these existing applications? Samplers? Synths? Or have you come up with
something entirely new? Does it run on Jack? If so, how do you ensure
robustness? These are just the first few of the pressing questions which
remain unanswered after going through your links.

It's possible that all this info is there, but I've somehow missed it
(and so has Philipp). If so, I'd request you to take our limited
info-gleaning abilities into account while providing more detailed
information.
Wishing L2Ork all the best!
Cheers,

Guru