[LAU] How to package applications for the outside world

peter clarke peterslistening at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 02:36:30 EDT 2009

I have built a little audio-related application - it's a vocabulary
trainer for people learning a foreign language.  I am thinking about
making it publicly available, maybe through sourceforge or similar...
but I don't know how to go about packaging it into an rpm or Debian
package for the end user.  It's a python script with various data
files and dependencies such as ecasound.

Any tips on learning how to build packages?  Thanks for any advice you can give.

Peter Clarke