[LAU] Voice pop-remover Plugin for Linux

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Tue Oct 27 16:58:48 EDT 2009

On 10/27/2009 09:45 PM, Viktor Mastoridis wrote:
> I am really sorry if I asked something that I shouldn't have. I thought
> this list is for asking questions, getting help and not being laughed
> at, as 'there is no stupid question' in Linux, as somebody said the
> other day. But mocking someone just because one asked the 'wrong'
> question doesn't seem to me to be in the positive and helping spirit of
> Linux.

hey, don't get your pants in a knot. the nylons do work as a mechanical
pop-filter (i can send you a photo of mine), but obviously only *during*
recording. that was the joke part. no offense intended.

i don't know of a decent automated pop remover plugin. load your file
into ardour and find a good, steep highpass filter, then automate the
cutoff frequency to move up during pops.

you can also try something with a compressor fed with a side-chain
signal with boosted bass range (like a naive de-esser turned de-popper),
but that is very likely not optimal.

best,

jörn