[LAU] Audio and Midi Synchronization

Oliver Jaun olijaun at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 28 04:57:09 EDT 2009

Hi

I'm trying to switch from Mac to Linux. I'm using
UbuntuStudio. I'm happy with Ardour for audio recording and Hydrogen
for Drums. I managed to synchronize Ardour and Hydrogen without any
problems.

Now I have a drum beat with Hydrogen and a Bass
recorded with Ardour and I would like to record a MIDI Track with
Qtractor along with the drums and the bass. When I do that then MIDI is
recorded, but when I play a note on beat 1 then and I look at it in the
piano roll editor then this note is actually on beat 1.5 (more or
less). When I listen to it then it seems to be in sync but of course
this makes editing in Qtractor useless because everything is displayed
delayed. The same happens with rosegraden so it doesn't seem to be a
Qtractor bug.

I'm using a MidiSport 2x2 Midi-Interface but I don't think the delay comes from there because when connect my keyboard directly with e.g. LinuxSampler then I can play very nicely (short latency)

I hope someone can help.
Thanks
Oliver