[LAU] Prog rock instrumental, sort-of WIP

Q lists at quirq.ukfsn.org
Thu Oct 29 19:04:51 EDT 2009

Robert Jonsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Prog may not be my cup of tea.. but it was very cool stuff, enjoyed it
> immensely. I understand that it takes a while for you, there's a lot of
> detail :)
>
> I thought it ended a bit abruptly, then I read that there's a piece
> missing. Do complete it ;)
>
> Regards,
> Robert

Hi Robert

Thanks for listening and for commenting, as I said to Will earlier,
especially so if the genre's not really your cup of tea. It's very
gratifying that people who don't normally listen to the genre are
enjoying it.

I just hope that doesn't mean I really fall in either the prog-related,
or shudder to think, neo-progressive sub-genres :-O (sorry, couldn't
resist an insider joke aimed at the many sub-genres of prog and politics
surrounding them! Normal service will be resumed).

I guess the detail doesn't help, spending a lot of time on small
details. But part of the issue with my speed of working could be cured
by stopping buying new equipment.

I finally bought myself a semi-decent acoustic guitar last summer, so I
had to re-record the opening acoustic guitar part. I then bought a
12-string not long after, so had to add some parts (so quiet that
probably no-one else hears them!). I then got around to finally buying a
decent sampled piano when I got Qsampler working, had to re-record the
piano part with that. I bought a new bass at the beginning of the
month... you guessed it!

I enjoy the process way too much. I sometimes wish I were a bit more
goal-orientated :D

Thanks again.

Kind regards