[LAU] Prog rock instrumental, sort-of WIP

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 20:33:41 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 3:28 PM, lanas <lanas at securenet.net> wrote:
> Le Vendredi, 30 Oct 2009 12:31:34 +0000,
> Q <lists at quirq.ukfsn.org> a écrit :
>
>> lanas wrote:
>> > Do not forget Isildurs Bane ! ;-)
>>
>> I have the two Saga albums on one CD, which I haven't listened to in
>> ages (I must do so), but I never got around to exploring more of
>> their music, thanks for the reminder!
>
> That's ages old.  After a instrumental-only phase (which gave birth
> to many wonderful CDs such as Cheval, The Voyage and Mind volumes) they
> got back with their latest CD (which is pretty old - I dunno if the band
> still exists) to having lyrics and the format that goes with lyrics eg.
> songs. And they made a DVD too of that which is pretty good. I saw them
> in Würzburg, Germany.

I've got a new Saga CD called "The Human Condition" released on
InsideOut in May 2009. InsideOut is such a great label. Anyway, I
don't remember being really blown away by the new CD when I got it.
I'm playing it as I write this. Interesting music but I probably won't
number of notes played. The softer/quieter stuff isn't bad at all
though.

I've also got the very old Generation 13 CD from 1995. In general I
think I like that one better but that's just me.

Anyone listening to Sylvan, The Tangent or most especially IQ these
days? 'Frequency' is a really great record by my ears.

Also if you haven't already checkout The Delawares and Frost.

Seems like Spock's Beard is maybe getting close to releasing something
after a few dry years...

Since you guys brought up Flower Kings earlier how about Agents of
Mercy and/or Karmakanic?

One band I've wanted to check out but haven't is Breathing Space.
Anyone heard them?

- Mark