[LAU] DVDs and Ubuntu 9.10

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Sat Oct 31 20:30:44 EDT 2009

> Now, did you try mplayer with a front-end or from CLI, or both? If both,

Tried with both with similar results.

> determine whether you had previously enabled caching and is somehow now

No idea. How would I determine if caching  is not or off?

> disabled. If you can confirm you have never messed with the settings, then
> it's an issue triggered by either your kernel or graphics driver update, or
> both.

Hmmm, I have seen stuff about the nvidia drivers causing problems.
I've got that running right now (and I did on the previous installs as
well). Okay, just rebooted without nvidia ... same problem.

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca
WWW:   http://www.mellowood.ca