[LAU] which audio synthesis environment?

Atte Andre Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 11:52:18 EDT 2009

Grammostola Rosea wrote:

> And why do you use Chuck Atte?

At first I was fascinated by the live coding capabilities, but in the
end I never practiced enough to actually be able to do it live :-(

What kept me in the loop was the very clear and well laid out
documentation which in some way fitted well with where I came from in
programming.

What I love now are the algorithmic possibilities and the fact it's so
easy to build your environment with OOP.

However I'm reaching the limits performance wise. I almost finished a
csound backend for my setup that let's me migrate cpu heavy parts (only
sound generation) to csound. That might be my future solution.

Otherwise I sometimes wish I learned supercollider in stead, since it
seems to perform better and has some nifty tricks up its sleeve. I study
supercollider in my spare time, but my live setup in chuck works and
migrating 2 hours of interactive, algoritmic music is not a quick task
however sleek the environment or how well you know it :-(

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk   http://virb.com/atte