[LAU] FluidSynth fails to sintetize more 85% events generated by Drum machine ALESIS D4.

Jedi Storm jedi00 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 13:36:06 EDT 2009

I'm running fluidsynth/qsynth in a 64studio distribution.

I'm generating MIDI events from a Drum Machine Alesis D4 directly to
fluidsynth through a MIDI In port and fluidsynth fails to sintetize more
than 85% of the hits on the PAD.

Facts : 1- Fluidsynth is receiving MIDI events from every single hit on the
PADs. (checked with amidi & fluidsynth -v)

2- Fluidsynth is able to reproduce every single Midi event if it's generated
by a Midi keyboard or Virtual Keyboard.

3.- If I connect the Alesis D4 module to a Hydrogen dumr machine , it
reproduce and sintetize every single stroke without problem.

4.- After do some debugging I have been able to see the following :

MIDI Keyboard or Virtual Keyboard generate NOTE ON and NOTE OFF events , The
alesis D4 only generates NOTE ON midi events.

Thank you for the support , I'm facing a Live gig in less than 2 weeks and I
would love to use fluidsynth and my new created midi instruments !
 **