[LAU] Linux Compatible Audio Interface with ADAT?

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Mon Sep 21 15:13:12 EDT 2009

Arnold Krille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 10 September 2009 19:17:55 Zachary Klein wrote:
>> Thanks for the replies. I can't seem to find the Saffire 24 on ffado.org,
>> though some folks seem to have had success with it.
>
> "Some folks" meaning ppalmers and me :-) It is one of the first DICE-II based
> products to be supported. And if I remember correctly, the pro40 was shipped
> to ppalmers before it was available in stores.
>
>> ffado doesn't list
>> device's IO, so it's hard to know which ones might use ADAT.
>
> Well,a) ffado.org is not a vendors marketing site and b) it links to the
> vendors homepage in the device-database.
>
>> Can someone confirm that the Saffire 24 is supported under linux? Does it
>> perhaps share the same driver as the Saffire 40?
>
> It works in trunk. In the 2.0 branch the dice-code should be included, but the
> configuration for the devices and the mixer-support isn't there.

if you're talking about the saffire pro *26*, it works like a charm.
as to the original poster's request, if you could live with PCI after
all, try and get a cheap used RME DIGI or an old hammerfall from ebay -
that's the cheapest option for adat ins, and performance is rock solid.

as for PCIe or cardbus, there are excellent RME gadgets, but with hefty
price tags and all providing way more inputs than you seem to be needing...