[LAU] which audio synthesis environment?

Grammostola Rosea rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 14:06:10 EDT 2009

Atte Andre Jensen wrote:
> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>

>> why Csound backend and not SuperCollider?
>>

> I was so excited about this that I started browsing and found these:
>
> pd:
> http://www.halftheory.com/hetleveiker/pdvst.html
> http://www-crca.ucsd.edu/~jsarlo/pdvst/
>
> csound:
> http://www.csounds.com/manual/html/CommandCsoundVST.html
>
> They all seem windows-ish to me, but given the cross platform nature of
> both projects, it might not be far fetched to have it going under linux.
>
> I asked on both the pd list and the csound list for input on the current
> status of running them as native linux vst plugins, I'll get back with
> any followups here.
>
> NB: A quick google search seems suggest that super collider is not this
> far in this regard (being used as vst plugin) :-(

Thanks for searching.
In my search to an environment I got the feeling that SuperCollider is a
more modern language, a language for the future so to say.  It's better
suitable  to  compete  those VST plugins maybe...
I can see that is seems to be more easy to make a PD gui, but this
should be possible with SC too right? Don't know if the language is
ready for that yet.
Please post also a message to the SC mailinglist, then you get a more
general/objective view...

Regards,

\r