[LAU] which audio synthesis environment?

Atte Andre Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 13:35:57 EDT 2009

Grammostola Rosea wrote:

> why Csound backend and not SuperCollider?

I was so excited about this that I started browsing and found these:

pd:
http://www.halftheory.com/hetleveiker/pdvst.html
http://www-crca.ucsd.edu/~jsarlo/pdvst/

csound:
http://www.csounds.com/manual/html/CommandCsoundVST.html

They all seem windows-ish to me, but given the cross platform nature of
both projects, it might not be far fetched to have it going under linux.

I asked on both the pd list and the csound list for input on the current
status of running them as native linux vst plugins, I'll get back with
any followups here.

NB: A quick google search seems suggest that super collider is not this
far in this regard (being used as vst plugin) :-(

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk   http://virb.com/atte